PHOTO: Getty Images/Scott Olson ; www.gettyimages.com
A study conducted by the Mayo Clinic looked at 142,377 patients for four years to determine the most common reasons for doctor appointments. Some may think the main reasons would consist of serious and widespread diseases, but on the contrary, these reasons tend to be more subtle symptoms.
Below is a list of the 10 most common reasons why people go see their doctor:
1. Skin disorders, including cysts, acne, and dermatitis.
2. Joint disorders, including osteoarthritis.
3. Back problems.
4. Cholesterol problems.
5. Upper respiratory conditions (excluding asthma).
6. Anxiety, bipolar disorder, and depression.
7. Chronic neurologic disorders.
8. High blood pressures.
9. Headaches and migraines.
If you have ever gone to the doctor for any of the listed reasons click here to find out worthwhile medication and if you really need to make that next doctor appointment.